Ta’ Kola Windmill
- Published in: Gozo, Gozo postcard
- Written by Junkina Gozo
- Leave a reply
Ta’ Kola Windmill in Xagħra was originally built in 1724 during the magistracy of Grand Master Manoel de Vilhena (1722-1736), and it was reconstructed during the 1780s because the construction had used not good quality stones.
The name Ta’ Kola is connected with the last miller, Ġuzeppi Grech who was popularly known as Żeppu ta’ Kola (Joseph the sonof Nikola).